01 January, 2010

Bona Fide: Welcome to 2010

Dear Readers,

on behalf of the Only The Best Sci-Fi/Fantasy crew I wish you a

HAPPY NEW BOOK YEAR!

So did you made any New Year's resolutions like stop smoking, stop drinking or loose weight?
I must admit I stopped these kind of resolutions because in most of the times I failed. And I know it is the same fora lot of other people.
Of course it would be good to do something for your health. But there are better ways to do this.
Start small. Go out for a walk. Do some gymnastic exercises at home. When my wife will read this she will start to laugh immediately because I'm lazy bastard.
Therefore let's switch the topic and talk about my 2010 resulotions. Yes, I really have some:

- READ MORE BOOKS
- WRITE MORE POSTS
- WATCH MORE MOVIES
and go out for a walk and do some gymnastic exercises.

Let me finish this first post with a quote even if old speaks till the truth and a video which shows a different way to celebrate the New Year.

"What can be said in New Year rhymes,
That's not been said a thousand times?
The new years come, the old years go,
We know we dream, we dream we know.
We rise up laughing with the light,
We lie down weeping with the night.
We hug the world until it stings,
We curse it then and sigh for wings.
We live, we love, we woo, we wed,
We wreathe our prides, we sheet our dead.
We laugh, we weep, we hope, we fear,
And that's the burden of a year.”

by Ella Wheeler Wilcox (American poet and writer 1850-1919)



Happy New Year with 24 candles


Enjoy the day and come back tomorrow for the first Weekly Roundup in 2010.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree, read more, write more reviews and watch more movies, great! :D

Happy New Year! :)

ediFanoB said...

@Book Chick City,

I hope you read the fine print too :-)

Harry Markov said...

Happy New Year! All the best and hope you fulfill those resolutions.

ediFanoB said...

Harry,

I read your post and I hope you hit your goals too.

Let's talk about on 1st of January 2011. In the meantime let's read, write, post and live :-))