21 March, 2010

Winner: Seeds of Earth and Spellright

Two great new debuts to award on this here beautiful Sunday afternoon: Seeds of Earth by Michael Cobley and Spellwright by Blake Charlton, science fiction and fantasy respectfully. I read Spellwright on Michael's recommendation and could not recommend it more.

Congratulations to Frank N. whose e-mail address leads me to think he works in advanced weapons research for the man. If you are reading sci-fi as research material...The snark for Seeds of Earth wasn't exactly snarky, but I do so enjoy being called royalty. From the Keeper of Yetis:

The title of the book in ALL CAPS, per your request, your ma-jes-ty!

Thank you kind sir!

There was fierce competition for the Spellwright giveaway but one reader reigned supreme. Sadly, the selection method this time was anything but random. Browsing the entries for snark and sitting alongside my significant and beautiful other, she noticed that a contestant was from Massachusetts. So, all I have to say is that Woodge, you had better be a Red Sox fan... grats!

The snark for Spellwright comes from Logan, and if you are so inclined might actually be considered valid criticism...

Like I need another book with a mysteriously hooded hero on the cover. Is that magic coming out of his hands, too? Wow...

Thats all for this week folks. Stay tuned for a blockbuster giveaway tomorrow - and by blockbuster I don't mean a DVD.

3 comments:

ediFanoB said...

@Frank N. and @Woodge,

Congratulations! I hope you will enjoy the books as much as I did.

Enjoy reading :)

Woodge said...

Hey, thanks again! Also: Yankees Suck!

Bryce L. said...

Congrats! And some nice snark too. :)