28 April, 2010

It's News To Me #4

It's hump day so the week can't be looking too bad anymore. Just a few more classes and finals hit and then glorious summer break. Lots of good reading planned, sadly little vacation time.

Cover Art

You've probably noticed I'm a big fan of the German Language. I speak it, I attempt to read anything I can find and I was excited to see the new German language cover of The Great Bazaar (Der Große Basar). I know, sometimes you wonder if German should even be translated.


Big News

In Mr. Rothfuss' own words:

So we agreed that I’d have the book finished by September. It was nice. It made us both happy.

So that’s part of the news, that I’ll be finished writing The Wise Man’s Fear by September.

But here’s the rest of the news: that means that the book can’t come out until March of 2011.

Visit Pat's blog to get it in his own words, which are always classic. I guess it's time to move The Name of the Wind up in my "to-read" pile. Does this encourage any other authors to get going...hint hint, wink wink.

Movies/Videos/TV

Legend of the Seeker is being given the treatment the series of books probably should have received; it's being canceled.


Top 10 Weirdest Songs from Superhero movies. That pretty much explains it. Ninja Rap will always be number one in my book. :-P


Poll

There's an interesting poll going on A Fantasy Reader about character names and whether people prefer normal, average names as opposed to complex made up names and those that lie in between.

Personally, I'm all about quick and easy especially since I'll be spending the next few hundred pages pronouncing the name over and over again. I like made up names, but simpler is better for me...not that it's a deal breaker or anything.

And that's the news...at least to me.

3 comments:

James said...

The only good thing about waking up at 6am on my day off, Monday, was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II playing on one of the premium channels. Been a while since I watched it (always loved those movies) and heard that song. :D

Bryce L. said...

I can't count the amount of times I've seen those movies. I really need to give them another watch as it's been a while. Such a great song too. :)

ediFanoB said...

For me it is always funny to see German covers. And sometimes it is sad when you read the translation of titles.
Fortunately in this case the translation is fine.