I don't know whether my reading habits are common or strange. Therefore I will present you my reading habits and I'm curious to read your comments.
- I read up to three books parallel.
- When I want to review a book I put a sheet of paper in the book in order to write notes during reading.
- In case a book contains extras (maps, glossary, interview, excerpt of next/other books, register of persons) I read this first.
- Every book gets a 50 pages opportunity to convince me whether to read the whole book or not. If I'm not convinced I stop reading. Fortunately it happens very seldom.
- In few cases I read trilogies in a row.
- I would like to reread books but my TBR pile with unread books is always too high.
- I talk about the books I'm reading with my wife and my daughter. The more I talk about a book the more I like it.
- I stop reading when I'm not in the right mood. It can take up to several months until I continue or start again from the beginning.
- I like to change my reading list very often due to different reasons - book delivery, reviews, comments, recommendations, family, own discoveries.
- I read at different places. This includes bathroom. Imagine a man with a toothbrush in the left hand and a book in the right hand.....
- Normally I don't leave the house without a book.
- Reading on sofa is dangerous because after a while I fall asleep. But most of the time the story continues in my dream. When I continue reading later I'm often surprised because the content of the current page doesn't fit to my memory.
- At home I have always an English - German dictionary available. And of course I have a lot of dictionary links on my laptop.
- Very, very seldom I read whole books in English and in German.
- From time to time I listen to music while I'm reading. But this works only with instrumental music.
- I like to read the last word of a story before I start reading...
And now I wait for your comments.......
2000AD: Why is Judge Dredd so damn good anyway?
3 hours ago