05 March, 2012

My Books - in Boxes

So until recently, I had shelves and shelves filled with books, but live in a really small apartment at the same time. That doesn't really work when, you know, you're about to have twins - who will be completely taking over in August.

Hence the boxes...


Here's most of my books. I was allowed to keep one shelf (and a box under the bed), so I'll have plenty to keep me going for a little while. I just always like having plenty to be able to pick from when it comes to picking up the next book.


It's sad, but hopefully will only last until we get into our new place...wherever that happens to be. I graduate law school in May, take the bar in July, twins come in August, and who knows after that.

5 comments:

Todd Newton said...

I just went through a move with books in boxes.

I don't envy you lol

Unknown said...

I went through the exact same packing trauma with the birth of our son last summer . . . had to clean up the overflowing parts of the shelves.

Of course, he's going to be walking soon, which probably means a few more shelves are going to have to go.

Bryce L. said...

@Todd - Haha, the worst is that my mom and wife are on the same side - they think it's crazy to have so many books...and I can't really blame them. :D

@Bob - That was our first move - get everything off the level of our walker (he's 19 months now), and now they're just gone. He loves flipping through all my books though (which I love too) and he's surprisingly gentle.

Joshua Lowe said...

Stuff that! My bookshelf is my pride and joy. If it comes to choosing between that and my own child, I know which one will emerge victorious.

PS I also just moved and had to cart about three times as many boxes as in your photo ... but I took it as an opportunity to revel in my anal-retentiveness and have a whole bookshelf reorder.

Spaz said...

If you need a place to store those boxed....