22 September, 2011

What's the Deal With... This Cover for The Iron Dream

An internet rant is a beautiful thing, I mean, why even be online, with all the anonymity that brings, and even attempt to contain all that angst. It's why we have comments on everything from blogs to Youtube to news stories. People need to complain! We have things on our chest and we've got to get them off...and our significant others are just plain tired of hearing the same thing over and over again.

In light of this, I decided to institute a new feature on the blog where I can bring up whatever's on my mind, be it terrible book covers, titles, ideas, bloggers (okay, probably just Pat), you name it and have some fun with it.

----------------
There's not much to say on this one other than I'm pretty sure I'll have to read this at some point just to find out why Hitler is riding a futuristic motorcycle.

Anyone read it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The central conceit is that Hitler moved to America in the 1919 and became a pulp SF author. Most of the text is taken up by a 'reprint' of his 'Lord of the Swastika' novel. Here's the Wikipedia entry on the book: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Iron_Dream which goes into much more detail.

I highly recommend it - it's a classic.

graywave said...

I read it when I was a youngster. It might have been the first alternate reality novel I ever read. It was good and I've always remembered it fondly. Must read it again sometime.

Bryce L. said...

@jim - Awesome, it looks way too crazy to pass up. :)

@graywave - Thanks for your input. I thought this cover was so crazy, but it looks like it's not a bad book either.